Sunday, July 5, 2015

I don't remember.

I have no memory of what happened. 
And that baffles me. 
I was only home a week. I got in the car and turned my iPod on. 
The next thing I knew, a man was holding my hand, telling me it was okay. 
I was alive.
And honestly, that was all that mattered to me.
Apparently, I had been in a really bad car accident.
I don't know what else happened. But I know that man's face. I know his hand in mine. And I can't tell you how much I wish I knew who he was. I asked the police officer when  he called to get my statement of the crash if he knew who the man was.
"No, he wasn't there when it happened. There were no witnesses, so I didn't get his name."
I was sad. All I want to do is thank him. 
I can remember his face, his voice, the way his hand felt in mine. But I don't remember his name. 
I have had a lot of time to think about it, and I've come to a conclusion:
He was an angel. 
I don't think there's an easy answer. 
Yet that answer is so simple to me. 
But I'm getting ahead of myself.
********
I left Charity Harmless's house. I went to talk, to sort out things. And I left encouraged. I left ready to continue. God had done so much for me all ready, and I was ready to see what was next. 
But that's all I remember. 
The next thing I know, I'm waking up to this man telling me that I'm okay, but I've been in a wreck. 
It was tunnel vision, because I don't remember anything except him. 
I was out again.
****
This morning, I'm sitting here with a good sized cut on my foot, a horrible head ache (concussion), the left side of my body hurting, and some back pain. But honestly, that's okay. 
God has saved me. Again.
Not only has He continuously held my hand through every little trial, but He literally saved my life this time. I don't know many people that can say that God has held them in His hands and brought them out of a situation in tact. 
I don't know if I will ever meet that man that held my hand.
But I know that my Savior, the One who ultimately controlled the outcome of my car crash. 
And that is a miracle.
I witnessed a miracle,
 even if I don't remember it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment